There was a small Jewish area founded probably in the 18th century. The synagogue was built in the 19th century and pulled down in 1989. The cemetery was situated on the edge of the village and it is very difficult to find the remains. The last woman was buried there in 1945, she died during the walk of death.
The accient fortress with the chapel was built already in the 12th century on the rocky hill above the Vseruby brook.
First mention is from 1212. The castle with the St. Martin´s church was built by brothers Hrdivor and Vicemil. Now on this place you can find only the church and is used as a cemeterial church.
There is another church - the rectory church of St . Spirit. Firstly mentioned in 1233 but it is a gothic building from the 14th century. It was reconstructed for several times.
During the Hussism there was religious freedom and in 1570 during the rule of Maxmilian II. the town was promoted. At the end of the 17th century the German became the offical languague here.