the north of Pilsen, Tuschau Stadt above Mze
There are some remaining parts of the original surounding wall and gates. The Jewish setlement was situated near one of the gates. The most beautiful Jewish house is standing on the main street. Newly reconstructed house of Salomon Löbl is from 1769. The Jewish cemetery was destroyed by Nazis.
The original village is dated in the 12th century as a property of Kladruby closter.
During the Hussits wars the town was almost destroyed and slowly reconstructed.
Since then the main religion was Hussism. This explains the lasting of the Czech languague here. The ceremonial were done in Czech and the books were written bilinqually until 1695. Then the German became the official languague here and around the whole Pilsen region.
In 1676 the owner - Vilem of Vresovec sold the city back to the closter in Kladruby.
In 1543 the village was privileged as a town and recieved the town coat-of-arms. The townhouses were built in this period as well.
The St. John Babtisor´s church is an interesting building too. The original gothic building was rebuilded by Antonin Haffnecker in the quater of the 18th century. Recently it got a new beautiful coat again.