There are two Jewish cemeteries - old one and new one on the edge of the village near the town cemetery. The old cemetery was founded in 1644 and there are many renesance tombstones, baroque and clasicism tombstones too. The new cemetery was founded in 1878.
There are only a few tombstones and the rest of the area is empty.
The Jewish settlement is proved since 1570, the ghetto was established during the restriction laws in 1736. The Jews were forced to change their houses with the Christians. The ghetto was situated to one area today Vrchlickeho street. The ghetto burnt down at the end of the 18th century and the housed had to be reconstructed. The Jews had to live separately so the ghetto disapeared. The first synagogue was destroyed by fire and the second newer one was pulled down in 1960.
The accient fortress was built in the 12th century on the hill above the river Uhlava, today there is the St. Jilji´s church. Later the fortress was moved closer to the river where you can find a large water castle. This place is closely connected with the nobel family Svihovsky from Ryzeberk. They lived here until 1554 and promoted the town in 1549.
The castle was rebuilded at the end of the 18th century and now is used for agricultural purposes, but the most important parts were reconstructed and opened for public.
The castle is one of the best preserved water castles in the Czech republic.
The St. Wenceslav church is standing on the retangle square, the original gothic building was rebuilded during the Baroque by Frantisek Maxmilian Kanka.
More interesting building is the St. Jilji´s church which used to be a part of the accient fortress.
It was built in the 12th century as a tribunal church, but in every following century was rebuilded. Now is used as a cemeterial church.